About Ottobock Scandinavia
Quality for life
All around the world, the Ottobock name stands for high-quality and technologically outstanding products and services in the field of medical technology. Established 100 years ago in Germany, Ottobock opened its doors in Scandinavia in 1967. Currently in its third generation as a privately held company, Ottobock offers products and services to help people maintain or regain their freedom of movement. For 100 years, people have been the focus of everything we do – true to our values, “human, reliable, inventive.”
At Ottobock Scandinavia, we are three brands in one group. Through our MedicalCare business we offer orthopedic services in over 25 locations in Sweden and Finland. Our Nordic group, with subsidiaries Aktiv Ortopedteknik and Respecta, is also part of a global Patient Care network of over 100 orthopaedic centers around the world.
Our vision – Independence and Quality for life
We work towards this promise by providing outstanding innovation and technology leadership, a large range of services and the global presence of our sales and service network.
We try to see the world through the eyes of our end users and customers: with respect, courage, and commitment.
Our qualified employees worldwide make this mission come to life.
We live this mission every day when we come to work. It connects us with each other and with the people with whom we come in contact.
Ottobock in the world
In 1919, Otto Bock laid the foundation for what is today the global market leader in the medical technology industry. The company is a family-owned business and since 2017 EQT is a partner with a 20% stake in the global Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA. With more than 8,000 employees in 50 markets worldwide and with a yearly revenue of 1,000 MEUR, Ottobock is a leading brand within the orthopedic market. The global head office is located in Duderstadt, Germany.
History of Otto Bock Scandinavia AB
- 1967 Otto Bock Scandinavia AB is registered as a company
- 1992 We open an orthopaedic center in Sweden, the first one in the world of Ottobock
- 1995 The Aktiv group is founded, with Ottobock as partner (otherwise staff-owned)
- 2009 Ottobock acquires OT-Center, Stockholm
- 2011 Ottobock becomes a majority stakeholder in the Aktiv group (51%)
- 2013 Ottobock acquires Finnish company Respecta Oy, Helsinki
- 2015 Ottobock acquires Ortopedservice, Stockholm
- 2016 Ottobock Scandinavia and Ottobock Benelux unite in a common organization, forming the Ottobock Greater Nordic Region
- 2019 Ottobock celebrates 100 years